The temate® SI-MWC is designed for automated inspection of Mash Welds used extensively in the manufacture of steel containers, appliances and the automobile industry. The temate SI-MWC is the most reliable post-weld inspection system in the market, and the only one that can provide reliable volumetric inspection of the quality of the weld.
- Non-contact EMAT technique.
- Guided waves fill up the volume of the material and provide thru thickness inspection in one pass.
- Detects partial and full disbond, porosity, inclusions, poor planishing, and weld skips.
- Less sensitive to probe positioning, no “rastering” motion or “phased array” of sensors necessary.
- Self-calibrated sensor. No need for teaching period or regular calibrations.
- Permits inspection at up to 1m/s in completely automated environments.
- Exclusive flexible sensor technology that conforms to the surface and undulations of the part.
- Optional Process Monitoring hardware and software integrated with the weld inspection system.