Internal residual stress measurement on plates, train wheels, and thick structures using proprietary sensors and scanners. The technique uses two orthogonal linearly polarized Shear Horizontal waves at 0 and 90 degrees to provide a birefringence measurement which is directly correlated with internal stress.
- Non-contact EMAT ultrasonic stress measurement technique.
- Custom software with residual stress measurement in MPa or psi.
- Built-in reports with residual stress measurement, graphs, snapshots, and other data.
- Portable probe scanner for semi-automated residual stress measurement on train wheels.
- Rotating probe scanner for semi-automated residual stress measurement on plates.
- Meets EN 13262:2011 and German Standard VPI 09. Tested and endorsed by European OEMs for the railway industry.
Check these papers to know more about our solutions for railroad:
See our case study: Rail wheels periodic maintenance inspections with Innerspec’s residual stress measurement solution.