Permits scanning up to +/-100m on pipes using Long Range UT techniques. No fixed diameter rings needed.
- Magnetostrictive strip material can be cut to any diameter. No need to have individual rings for different diameters. The strip weighs less than 1Kg and fits in a small backpack.
- Standard kit covers all pipe schedules up to 24”. Additional ribbon sensors available to cover diameters up to 48” and above.
- Very fast and quick installation. No need to pressurize the transducers. Surfaces only need slight sanding and inspections can run on painted surfaces.
- Low profile for limited access locations. This is of particular relevance for pipe racks with limited spacing between them.
- Single transducer for the whole pipe perimeter, reducing drastically maintenance, spares and repair costs.
- Superior signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) to piezoelectric rings (+10-20dB).
- Axisymmetric ring provides a homogeneous wave front with a minimum blind zone (more uniform loading of sound in the pipe).
- Fast pipe screening using a single axisymmetric collar. Additional focusing using a separate receiver and scanner.
- Permits using the same instrument to perform MRUT inspections.
- High-temperature tensioner for inspections up to 300C.
- LRUT LITE (fast screening)
- LRUT FOCUS (focusing around the pipe).