TEMATE SI-WB is the industry standard for automated inspection of laser welds in Tailor Welded Blanks. TEMATE SI-WB can be integrated on any line using the line conveyor, de-stacking robots or automated and manual scanners from Innerspec or other vendors. The TEMATE SI-WB system can be complemented with OPTEMATE, a laser camera system designed to be integrated seamlessly within the TEMATE platform.
- Non-contact EMAT technique.
- Guided waves fill up the volume of the material and provide thru thickness inspection in one pass.
- Detects and discriminates “planar” defects such as lack of fusion, lack of penetration, concavity or mismatch, and “point” defects such as holes and porosity.
- Insensitive to cosmetic defects that do not affect the structural quality of the weld.
- Less sensitive to probe positioning, no “rastering” motion or “phased array” of sensors necessary. Self-calibrated sensor. No need for teaching period or regular calibrations. Permits inspection at up to 1m/s in completely automated environments.
- Exclusive flexible sensor technology that conforms to the surface and undulations of the part.
- Multi-sensor capabilities with one system controlling up to two sensor heads.
- Most proven and reliable system in the market with hundreds of systems installed.
- Optional camera system for measurement of lateral offset (a.k.a blank misalignment), excess weld metal, and positive mismatch.
- Steel and Aluminum, all grades coated and uncoated
- 0.010” (0.3mm) to 0.138” (3.5mm) thickness
- Only system in the market capable of meeting ALL requirements as per ISO 13919-1 and SEL100. Capable of meeting all known OEM quality requirements for TWB.
- Volumetric guided waves for inspection of the weld (i.e. top and bottom surface, and internal).
- Pitch-catch and pulse-echo configurations.
- Maximum sample rate of 2000 pulses per second for inspection speed of 1m/s.
Innerspec Table Scan
- High-speed inspection of linear welds using Innerspec’s TEMATE.
- Manual start or factory PLC controlled.
- Adjustable for different part sizes, and multiple welds.
- Compatible with all Innerspec weld inspection sensors for scans up to 1 m/sec.
- Visual & digital results for each weld.
- Parts loaded manually or with robot.
Watch this video to learn more about the Innerspec Table scan - Click here