Shear Horizontal conical wave permits measurement of strain on any type of bolt (regardless of bolt end) and metallic material. Double-wave technique uses Shear Horizontal and Longitudinal waves to measure elongation on bolts in-situ that cannot be removed from the structure.
- Non-contact EMAT ultrasonic bolt testing technique.
- EMAT sensors do not mechanically load the surface under test allowing a greater precision of measurement of ultrasonic arrival time variation.
- Capable of working on non-flat bolt heads and bottoms.
- Double wave technique (using SH and L wave sensor) permits ultrasonic bolt load measurement without knowing the original length of the bolt.
- Custom ultrasonic bolt testing software provides actual load readings (MPa or PSI).