CODA is the first and only compact thigh-power UT flaw detector capable of working with both EMAT and piezoelectric sensors using Innerspec’s patented pulser technology.
In EMAT mode, the instrument can pulse 1 to 3 full cycles at 800Vpp/8kW of peak power from 1MHz to 8MHz at a 1kHz pulse repetition rate. In piezoelectric mode, the instrument pulses a half-cycle square wave from 100V to 400V at a 2kHz pulse repetition rate. The instrument can work in pulse-echo or pitch-catch on both EMAT and piezoelectric modes.
CODA instruments are available in three different configurations:
- CODA. The base model provides all EMAT and piezoelectric functionality without an encoder.
- CODA+. It includes a one-axis encoder input for encoded Strip Charts and C-scans using a manual or an automated scanner.
- CODA SM (STRESS MEASUREMENT). Specifically designed for stress measurement, it permits to sequentially pulse a two-channel EMAT sensor using Innerspec’s proprietary technique. It is delivered with custom stress software and different positioning fixtures depending on the application.
All CODA configurations can be fitted with different software apps and custom sensors to enable different normal beam (0⁰) EMAT applications plus all standard piezoelectric applications, including:
- Thickness measurement and flaw detection with 0⁰ sensors (shear and longitudinal) from -30° to 650°C
- Corrosion mapping with single and dual element transducers
- Bolt-load measurements with EMAT mode (Shear) and EMAT + Piezo (Shear + Longitudinal)
- Stress measurement for train wheels, rails, and plates
- Single and dual element 0⁰
- Shear waves
- Surface waves
All configurations include a thermocouple for automatic time-of-flight (TOF) temperature corrections.
Details on the different Sensors and Accessories are available on our catalog.
CODA instruments use Innerspec Technologies Operating Platform (ITOP) with NDT-WEB application software. The instrument broadcasts a WiFi signal that permits remote control of the instrument from the removable phone/tablet (included) or from any connected wireless device using a standard web interface.
· Spare Battery
· Battery Charger
· Instrument Belt
· Wrist Band for Phone/Tablet