EMAT techniques permit the detection of weld defects with great sensitivity using both Shear Vertical and Shear Horizontal sensors. UT and PAUT permit detection and sizing of defects.
- Non-contact EMAT technique.
- Permits fast screening without couplant of welds of any thickness.
- Capable of temperatures from -30ºC to 350ºC.
- Shear waves with horizontal polarization (SH) permit inspection of austenitic materials without mode conversion.
- Shear waves with vertical polarization (SV) permit inspection of ferromagnetic materials with similar detection capabilities as piezoelectric UT (no sizing available).
- Roller kits, encoders and adaptors for different applications.
- Superior focusing and steering capabilities.
- Both internal and external defects can be detected and sized
- Permits covering large areas with array transducers.
- Inspection available from either side of the weld or across the weld in transmission.