Custom and off-the-shelf applications for internal stress measurement on plates, train wheels, and thick structures using portable and integrated solutions. The technique uses two orthogonal linearly polarized Shear Horizontal waves at 0 and 90 degrees to provide a birefringence measurement that is directly correlated with internal stress.
Innerspec’s Stress application can be installed on the PowerBox H providing a completely portable solution that can easily be used in the field and the factory floor.
- No couplant EMAT technique. Capable of penetrating surface coatings and corrosion.
- No beam steering errors caused by misalignment of the transducer with the surface.
- Stress readings in MPa or psi.
- Built-in reports with stress measurements, graphs, snapshots, and other data.
- Low-weight PowerBox H (<3Kgs) instrument option available.
- Portable probe scanner for semi-automated field measurements on train wheels.
- Meets EN 13262:2011 and German Standard VPI 09. Tested and endorsed by European OEMs for the railway industry.
- Integrated solution available (temate SM).