The PCI-2 AE System on a card is a 2-channel data acquisition and digital signal processing system on a single full-size 32-bit PCI-Card.
Engineered to be low noise, the PCI-2 features 18 bit A/D and 40 MSample/second acquisition provides extremely high speed and high resolution data collection for research applications making it the ideal board for small scale testing in universities and materials laboratories.
The wide bandwidth of 1kHz to 3 MHz allows the board to use the full potential of any MISTRAS AE sensor. For more precise frequency analysis it features programmable hardware filters which can be controlled using AEWin software.
Built in, hit based, Waveform collection allows for raw data to be saved for post analysis and for high speed or continuous emission events, wave form streaming passes digitized RF signals directly to the computer for storage and analysis.
- Very low noise, low cost, 2 channel complete, AE system on a card, with waveform and hit processing built in, on one full size, industry standard, 32-bit PCI card.
- Internal 18-bit A/D conversion and processing for better resolution (less than 1 dB) at very low signal amplitudes, and low threshold settings, providing superior low noise performance.
- 40 MHz, 18-bit A/D conversion with real time sample averaging (2x or 4x) to provide enhanced accuracy beyond any existing AE system on the market.
- Built-in, real time AE feature extraction and DMA transfer on each channel for high speed transient data analysis at high hit rates directly to the Hard Disk (HD).
- Built-in waveform processing with independent DMA transfer on each channel for high speed waveform transfer and processing.
- Designed with extremely high-density FPGAs and ASIC ICs, to provide extreme high performance and minimize components and cost.
- 4 High Pass and 6 Low Pass filter selections for each channel, totally under software control.
- AE Data Streaming is also built into the PCI-2 board allowing continuous recording of AE waveforms to the hard disk at up to 10 MSamples/sec rate (on one channel, 5 MSamples/second on 2 AE channels).
- Up to 8 parametrics on each PCI-2 board with 16-bit A/D converter and update rates up to 10,000 readings/second. The first parametric is a full Instrumentation conditioning channel providing signal conditioningincluding gain control, offset control and filtering options for direct sensor input. The second provides a straight ±10 volt input for conditioned sensor outputs.
- Hit LED, and Audio drivers are built within the PCI-2 board, so that LEDs can be attached directly and sound can be processed via the PAC PCI-Audio Card (option).
- Digital signal processing circuitry virtually eliminates drift, thereby achieving high accuracy and reliability.