Innerspec Technologies is the world leader in Electro Magnetic Acoustic Transducers (EMAT) and high-power ultrasonic instrumentation. Over the years Innerspec has built the largest selection of products, accessories and applications in the market. Our portable instruments have proven to increase inspection speeds and solve some of the costliest problems in the oil & gas industry.
Headquartered in Madrid (Spain) and Virginia (USA) Innerspec Technologies has an unmatched team of researchers, development engineers, customer support specialists and technicians dedicated to design and support our products and services.
We are selecting for our European office located near Alcalá de Henares (Madrid) a Senior R&D Engineer capable of managing product development responsibilities related to our portable instruments’ portfolio. After an initial training period, he/she will have absolute freedom and accountability to develop new innovation projects, technologies and products for the company.
The main tasks are:
- Lead Research and Development Projects in the area of Ultrasonic EMAT.
- Actively contribute to the development of new products and enhancement of these to comply with market needs.
- Evaluate the feasibility of potential industrial inspection solutions to solve industry’s needs.
- Develop electronic components (i.e. prototype sensors, intrumentation and boards)
- Develop simulation models and perform parametric studies to analyze and optimize inspection parameters such as geometry, frequency, angles, dimensions, mode generation, wave propagation and mode interaction.
- Perform laboratory tests, evaluate and refine inspection techniques.
- Collect and analyze data, and develop data processing algorithms to improve signal quality.
- Participate in product design.
- Write patents and technical papers.
Ideal candidates should have:
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering or Physics degrees. Masters or PhD preferred.
- Very good understanding and experience with electronic component development, signal generation/processing algorithms and laboratory validation.
- Understanding of ultrasonic techniques and electromagnetic techniques for NDT would be a plus.
- Background in product design would be a plus.
- Good communication skills, written and verbal.
- Languages: At least C1 english is a must. Spanish would be a plus.
- Experience using Matlab and/or Multiphysics FEM packages.
- Experience programming in Matlab, Python or C++ desired.
- Practical mind, self-driven, and entrepreneurial.
- Contract duration under the H2020 Innovation Associate Grant of 12 months.
- Full-time position located in Loeches, Madrid (SPAIN).
- Flexible timetable.Work from home 1 day/week.
- Full training package.
- Competitive package of salary + mobility and family allowance.
If you have the proper qualifications and wish to pursue this opportunity, please fill and submit the form below. In the cover letter, please make sure that you highlight the applicable experience, and why you would be a good candidate for this job.