A single or double sensor is scanned axially on the pipe measuring attenuation and/or velocity changes in the signal due to corrosion, cracks or other defects around the circumference of the pipe. Ideal for quick inspections of exposed pipe at speeds up to 150mm/s (6in/s)
- Non-Contact EMAT technique.
- Axial scanning with Lamb Waves provides circumferential inspection of the pipes at fast speed (20m/min).
- Provides inspection on rough and corroded surfaces and when covered with thin wraps and coatings.
- Permits inspection of pipes from 1” to 36” accessing only one point around the diameter of the pipe. Larger diameter pipes can be covered with multiple passes.
- Available for pipes up to 1” in thickness.
- Detects corrosion and pits as small as 1/10th of pipe thickness.