Provides fast inspection and detection of surface defects. Unlike Eddy Current, it permits inspecting without direct access to the area inspected and cover large areas with a limited number of sensors.
- Non-Contact EMAT technique.
- Available for any material thickness and part geometry. Surface waves will follow part curvature.
- Reflection and attenuation techniques available depending on the application and type of defect.
- Ideal for detection of defects perpendicular to the scanning direction (e.g. rolling defects).
- Detects surface cracks as small as small as 127µm (0.005”).