We are an engineering company with unique products and large potential for growth. Using our own, patented technology, we design and manufacture non-destructive inspection equipment for industrial users.
We are looking for a practical person with an electrical/electronic or physics degree to participate in the research and development of Eddy Current, Ultrasonic EMATs (Electromagnetic Acoustic Transducers), and other NDT techniques.
The main tasks are:
- Conduct Research and Development Projects in the areas of Eddy Current, Ultrasonic EMAT and other magnetic techniques for applications in Non- Destructive Testing and Evaluation.
- Develop inspection techniques, sensors, and NDT tools.
- Develop process models and perform parametric studies to analyze and optimize inspection parameters such as geometry, frequency, angles, dimensions, mode generation, wave propagation and mode interaction.
- Perform laboratory tests, evaluate and refine inspection techniques.
- Collect and analyze data, and develop data processing algorithms to improve signal quality.
- Develop test procedures and conduct training for customers.
- Participate in product design.
- Write patents and papers.
Ideal candidates should have:
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering or Physics degrees. Masters or PhD preferred.
- Very good understanding and experience with electromagnetic techniques for NDT.
- Understanding of ultrasonic techniques.
- Good communication skills, written and verbal.
- Experience using Matlab and/or Multiphysics FEM packages.
- Experience programming in Python or C++.
- Practical mind, self-driven, and entrepreneurial.
- Training with a team of top-notch and experienced engineers, and work on challenging applications at the forefront of the technology.
- Permanent, full-time position located in Forest, Virginia. Only candidates living or willing to relocate to Lynchburg should apply.
- Competitive package of salary + incentives commensurate with the position and experience.
If you have the proper qualifications and wish to pursue this opportunity, please fill and submit the form below. In the cover letter, please make sure that you highlight the applicable experience, and why you would be a good candidate for this job.