The Innerspec PowerBox H is the only hand-held, battery operated instrument capable of generating up to 1200V or 8kW of peak power at speeds of up to 300Hz. For pulse-echo operation, a built-in transmitter/receiver switch permits connecting directly to the instrument with no additional hardware. A built-in thermocouple port permits taking temperature readings to correct time-of-flight measurements, and a one-axis encoder input can be used for integration with an automated or manual scanner. A setting of 600Vpp (approx. 3kW) is also available to maximize battery life if the application does not require full power. Embedded PowerUT® H software permits the user to modify the triggering and receiving patterns, use advanced filters to enhance signal-to-noise and present the information on A, B, C and Line Scan formats. Screen captures, device settings, and data can be downloaded to a PC using additional software provided with the instrument. The Innerspec PowerBox H can be used with any sensor from Innerspec’s Standard Catalog and sensors from other manufacturers.
- High-temperature thickness measurement.
- Thickness scanning without couplant.
- Austenitic weld inspection (single element).
- Inspection under supports and on air-to-soil interfaces using guided waves.
- Light-post inspections.
- Surface wave inspections.
- Measurement of Stress, Bolt-Load and Nodularity.
- Corrosion and flow monitoring (see monitoring applications).
- Thickness Measurement with Dry-Coupled Piezoelectric Probes.
- Thickness Measurement with standard liquid-coupled probes (requires signal attenuator).
- Modules (for pulse-echo multiplexing and pitch-catch signal conditioning).
- Spare Battery.
- Battery Charger (dual slot).
- Battery Pack (for external signal conditioning box).
- AC/DC power pack with AC cord.
- Body Harness.