Innerspec POWERBOX H is the only hand-held, battery operated instrument capable of generating up to 1200V or 8kW of peak power at speeds of up to 300Hz. For pulse-echo operation, a built-in transmitter/receiver switch permits connecting directly to the instrument with no additional hardware. A built-in thermocouple port permits taking temperature readings to correct time-of-flight measurements, and a one-axis encoder input can be used for integration with an automated or manual scanner. A setting of 600Vpp (approx. 3kW) is also available to maximize battery life if the application does not require full power. Embedded POWERUT H software permits the user to modify the triggering and receiving patterns, use advanced filters to enhance signal-to-noise and present the information on A, B, C and Line Scan formats. Screen captures, device settings, and data can be downloaded to a PC using additional software provided with the instrument. Innerspec POWERBOX H can be used with any sensor from Innerspec’s Standard Catalog and sensors from other manufacturers.
- High-temperature thickness measurement.
- Thickness scanning without couplant.
- Austenitic weld inspection (single element).
- Inspection under supports and on air-to-soil interfaces using guided waves.
- Light-post inspections.
- Surface wave inspections.
- Measurement of Stress, Bolt-Load and Nodularity.
- Corrosion and flow monitoring (see monitoring applications).
- Thickness Measurement with Dry-Coupled Piezoelectric Probes.
- Thickness Measurement with standard liquid-coupled probes (requires signal attenuator).
|Innerspec POWERBOX H|
|Bandwidth||100 kHz to 6 MHz|
|Pulse Repetition Rate||up to 300 Hz|
|RF Pulser||Spike, Toneburst Waveforms
8 kW Power Output
1200 Vpp @ 25App into 50 Ohms
0.1% Maximum Duty
1 kΩ Input Impedance
30 dB to 70 dB Gain
<0.05 dB Gain Resolution
50 kΩ Input Impedance
-20 dB to 60 dB Gain
<0.1 dB Gain Resolution
|Pulse / Receive Modes||Pulse-Echo, Pitch-Catch|
|Analog / Digital Converters||12-bit, 100 MHz|
|Filtering||FIR Digital Filters|
|Rectification||Full-wave, +/- half-wave, and RF mode|
|Evaluation Gates||Interface plus 2 Gates
Amplitude and Time Measurements
|Encoder Interface||A/B Quadrature|
|PC Communication||USB 2.0
|Software||Embedded Software with A, B, C
and Line Scans plus
PC interface Software
|Probe Connector||2-Pin Lemo OB|
|Operating Temperature||0˚C (32˚F) to 40˚C (105˚F)|
|AC Power Input||100-240 VAC, 50-60 Hz|
|Other I/O||Magnet Pulser Trigger
Thermocouple Input (Type K)
General Purpose I/O (5V TTL)
Encoder/Signal Cond. Power
|Dimensions||8"W x 9"H x 4"T|
|203 mm x 229 mm x 100 mm|
|Weight||2.72 Kgs (6 lbs)|
|Battery Life||4-8 Hours|
- Modules (for pulse-echo multiplexing and pitch-catch signal conditioning).
- Spare Battery.
- Battery Charger (dual slot).
- Battery Pack (for external signal conditioning box).
- AC/DC power pack with AC cord.
- Body Harness.