The temate® IWW is designed to detect defects on multi-pass welds during the welding process. The system uses non-contact EMAT sensors to detect both surface and sub-surface defects on every pass immediately after it has been deposited on the part. The proprietary technique permits inspection at high temperatures without couplant, thus providing a very effective process control during welding that can eliminate or highly reduce expensive repairs on finished welds.
- Non-contact EMAT technique.
- Permits inspection on hot surfaces without cooling.
- Volumetric inspection with guided waves, detecting both surface and internal defects (LOP, LOF, etc.) at any orientation.
- Manual and automated solutions.
- High inspection speed (up to 1 m/s).
- Successfully tested on Carbon Steel (cladded and non-cladded) and Stainless Steel.
- Simple to use by operators without UT experience.