The temate® BW-LT(ERW) is an automated system for inspection of longitudinal welds in ERW tubes. The couplant-free EMAT technique permits inspection immediately after welding and reliable detection of all API defects and poor ID scarfing.
- Non-contact EMAT technique.
- In-line & fully automated.
- Inspection Immediately After Welding.
- Meets All API Standards.
- Real Time Process Control.
- Carbon Steel Tube and Castings (all API carbon steel grades).
- Diameter: 60.33mm (2.375”) to 406mm (16”). Consult with Innerspec for other diameters.
- Thickness Range: 5mm (0.188”) to 16mm (0.623”). Consult with Innerspec for other diameters.
- Provides inspection of ID, OD and mid-weld.
- For inspection, the pipe should be secured by pinch rollers separated by ~2m (7’) and be relatively straight and level.
- ½” / 1” (12.7 mm/25.4 mm) N10 and N5, ID and OD longitudinal notches.
- 1/16” (1.6 mm) through drilled hole(TDH).
- Hook cracks, pinholes, mismatch, skelp burrs, poor scarfing (OD & ID) and point defects such as inclusions and penetrators not easily detected with conventional systems.
- Meets all API Standards and the most stringent oil company requirements.
- Multi-mode shear wave technique in pulse-echo and pitch-catch configuration with sensors on both sides of the weld.
- Sensors located offset from the weld seam avoiding direct heat from the weld. Permits up to 6mm (0.25”) of weld wander without reducing sensitivity.
- Maximum sample rate of 2000 pulses per second for inspection speed of 1m/s.
- Two sensor assemblies (one on each side of the tube) with independent air cooling.
- Each sensor assembly includes an electromagnet and two EMAT RF Coil circuits.
- Data Acquisition Cabinet: Enclosure is 24” (610mm) W x 32.3” (820 MM) L x 69” (1750 mm) H, weighing 500 lbs (225 Kgs).