The temate® SI-CJ is an automated system for volumetric inspection of flash-butt welds in steel mills. Flash-butt welders are installed at the beginning of the pickle line to weld the end of one coil with the beginning of the next one. The temate SI-CJ is the only system for automated, volumetric inspection of Flash-Butt Welds in steel mills and can be adapted to fit any welder.
- Non-contact EMAT technique.
- In-line & fully automated.
- Detects internal voids, laps, misaligns and poor trim quality.
- Inspects all kinds of steel, including TRIP, Dual-Phase and all HSS grades.
- Self-calibrated sensor. No need for teaching period or regular calibrations.
- Inspects while trimming with no additional cycle time (Taylor Winfield & Miebach).
- Optional weld monitoring system (by Innerspec and IBA).
- Proven system with over 25 installations around the world, and endorsed by the major welder manufacturers.
- Average payback of less than six months by eliminating inspection cycle time, reducing/eliminating breaks and allowing increases in production speed.
- Flat rolled carbon steel, all grades.
- 0.060” (1.5mm) to 0.260” (6mm) thickness.
- Nominal detection of notches: 10% wt deep.
- Plate mismatch (laps).
- Strip misalignment.
- Over/under trim.
- Lack of fusion.
- Full plate width inspection (no width limitations)
- Volumetric guided waves for inspection of the weld (i.e. top and bottom surface, and internal).
- Pitch-catch configuration with signal normalization.
- Maximum sample rate of 2000 pulses per second.
- Sensor: 4.25” (108mm) W x 5.50” (140mm) L x 25.69” (653mm) H when fully extended.• Weight 34 lbs (15 Kg).
- Data Acquisition Cabinet: Enclosure is 24” (610mm) W x 32.3” (820 MM) L x 69” (1750 mm) H, weighing 500 lbs (225 Kgs).