The temate® SB is an automated ultrasonic system for volumetric inspection of square billets using normal beam sensors. The temate SB can be customized to meet your unique inspection needs.
- Non-contact EMAT technique.
- Designed to detect 2mm diameter flat bottom holes in a carbon steel square billet 150mm thick. Meets MIL-STD-2154.
- 64 sensors perform simultaneous inspection of Square Billet from 4 sides at up to 70m/m.
- Actuator adapts to +/- 3º squareness between billet faces, +/- 5º of billet twist and 50mm of vertical and/or horizontal movement on 12 meters.
- Easy to deploy: EMATs need not be perpendicular to inspected surface to give reliable data, and surface variations caused by oil, moisture, or oxidation do not diminish accuracy.
- Consistent results: EMAT coils are integrated circuits with virtually no variation from probe to probe.