The temate® TG-IL is an EMAT solution designed for measuring thickness of metallic materials with non-contact probes in harsh production environments.
- Non-contact EMAT technique.
- Probes for continuous measurement of materials up to 750ºC.
- No-wear sensors that do not touch the material inspected.
- Great accuracy (12.7µm) and good resolution (up to 3mm).
- Sensor arrays and touch probes for continuous and spot measurements.
- 100% tube coverage option using proprietary encircling ring technology.
- Automatic calculation of eccentricity and ovality.
- Thickness measurement on internally tapered tubes.
- Applicable to tubes (steel, ductile iron), aluminum plates (reversing mills), and many other high-temperature and high-speed applications in harsh environments.
- Non-contact Electro Magnetic Acoustic Transducer (EMAT)
- Materials Inspected:
- Ferromagnetic and non-ferromagnetic metals, including carbon steel, stainless steel, aluminum, copper and brass.
- Minimum thickness : 1mm (0.039”) contact Innerspec for thinner material
- Surface temperature: from -30ºC (-22ºF) to 750ºC (1,382ºF)
- Measurement Accuracy and Resolution:
- Accuracy: 12.7µm (0.0005”)
- Resolution: Up to 3mm
- Sensor Head Assembly:
- Magnetic element and EMAT coil in a protective casing.
- Sensors for high-temperature applications may incorporate air and/or water cooling depending on temperature and exposure time.
- Designed for easy attachment to different mountings, and can incorporate air bearings or other systems to maintain adequate lift-off.
- Automatic temperature compensation for high-temperature applications.