Detect leaking rods in spent nuclear fuel without disassembling fuel assembly.
Tecnatom and Enusa, within their line of SICOM products, provide the SICOM-UT ultrasonic inspection system, built of components tolerant to high radiation, proved in different NPP, and adaptable to different types of nuclear fuel.
SICOM-UT integrates state of the art technologies in UT hardware (SONIA), acquisition and specialized analysis software (INSPECTVIEW + SICOM UT plug-in), and specific ultrasonic probes.
- Detection of leaking rods by presence on water into the fuel rods without disassembling fuel assembly (FA).
- Equipment placed on three empty racks.
- Location structure based on two adjacent rack cells.
- 2D Centering rollers.
- Shielded High radiation camera for monitoring and setting up purposes.
- Double blade probe assembly.
- High frequency UT probe.
- Transducers endure and qualified for high radiation.
- Scracht safe probe design.
- High sensitivity and precision.
- On-line and off-line analisys.
- Semi-automatic algorithms analisys.
- Redundant reedition and retest capabilities.
- Axis encoder and motorized motion.
- SONIA data acquisition system.
- Specific InspectView Acquisition and Analysis Software.
- Part of SICOM range for Fuel Assembly.
- Technology proved in NPP.
- Operational experience in Nuclear Power Plants.