PowerEC HOT is an automated system for surface inspection of hot rolled bar and wire at the rolling mill. PowerEC HOT provides real-time digital defect images for immediate interpretation.
- Non-contact Eddy Current technique.
- In-line and fully automated.
- Inspects all hot rolled metals including carbon and stainless steel, copper, nickel and titanium.
- 4mm to 280mm (0.16” to 11.00”) diameter.
- Temperature up to 1200°C (2192°F).
- Inspection at production speeds of up to 200 m/s (656 f/s)
- Detects all standard rolling mill defects with industry leading resolution.
- Configurable graphic and numerical representation of defects.
- Immediate disposition of quality for each piece, batch or coil inspected.
- Robust mechanicals for precise product control and low maintenance.
- Digital imaging provides real-time defect images for immediate interpretation.
- Exclusive research tools for post inspection analysis and long term improvement.
- Searchable database by lots, steel grades, diameter and any other recorded parameter.