PowerEC ROC is an automated system for surface inspection of cold bar, wire or tube for longitudinal defects.
- Non-contact rotating Eddy Current technique.
- In-line or off-line and fully automated.
- Inspects all cold rolled or drawn metals including carbon steel, copper, nickel, titanium and aluminum.
- 2mm to 230mm (0.08” to 9.05”) diameter.
- Temperature 0°C to 70°C (32°F to 158°F).
- Continuous or discrete inspection at production speeds.
- Detects longitudinal defects to 0.05mm (0.002”) in depth and 3.0mm (0.12”) in length.
- Lift-off compensation for accurate inspection of bent or out-of-round product.
- Customer programmable alarms.
- Easy to set up and program.
- Automated flaw marking option.
- Robust mechanicals for precise product control and low maintenance.
- Fail-safe product control to prevent wrecks.
- Exclusive research tools for post inspection analysis and long term improvement.
- Searchable database by lots, steel grades, diameter and any other recorded parameter.