TEMATE SI-WB is the industry standard for automated laser weld inspection in Tailor Welded Blanks. The system uses Electro-Magnetic Acoustic Transducer (EMAT) methods to perform ultrasonic non-destructive weld inspection. TEMATE SI-WB can be integrated on any line using the line conveyor, de-stacking robots or automated and manual scanners from Innerspec or other vendors. The optional Optemate weld inspection camera system is a 3D Vision system based on Laser profilometry technology that is designed to be seamlessly integrated within the temate platform. Optemate permits measurement of the weld profile to provide information on blank misalignment/offset and measure concavity, convexity and mismatch.
- Non-contact EMAT technique.
- Guided waves fill up the volume of the material and provide thru thickness inspection in one pass.
- Detects and discriminates “planar” defects such as lack of fusion, lack of penetration, concavity or mismatch, and “point” defects such as holes and porosity.
- Insensitive to cosmetic defects that do not affect the structural quality of the weld. No false positives, typical of vision systems.
- Less sensitive to probe positioning, no “rastering” motion or “phased array” of sensors necessary. Self-calibrated sensor. No need for teaching period or regular calibrations. Permits inspection at up to 1m/s in completely automated environments.
- Exclusive flexible sensor technology that conforms to the surface and undulations of the part.
- Multi-sensor capabilities with one system controlling up to three sensor heads.
- Most proven and reliable system in the market with hundreds of systems installed.
- Steel and Aluminum, all grades coated and uncoated
- 0.010” (0.3mm) to 0.138” (3.5mm) thickness
- Lack of Penetration
- Lack of Fusion
- Volumetric guided waves for inspection of the weld (i.e. top and bottom surface, and internal).
- Pitch-catch and pulse-echo configurations.
- Maximum sample rate of 2000 pulses per second for inspection speed of 1m/s.
- Sensor: 6” (152mm) W x 7.1” (180mm) L x 5.9” (150mm) H. Weight 10 lbs (4.5 Kg).
- Data Acquisition Cabinet: Enclosure is 24” (610mm) W x 32.3” (820 MM) L x 69” (1750 mm) H, weighing 500 lbs (225 Kgs).
- Non-contact profilometer using a laser beam directed to the surface under inspection, and a camera that captures the reflection from area of interest.
- Cameras can be installed for inspection on top and/or bottom of the weld.
- Laser and camera enclosure is located on top/bottom of weld.
- Can be installed on the same location or a different location from TEMATE system.
- Identifies misaligned blanks, excessive weld metal and excessive root penetration.
- Enhances EMAT detection of concavity and mismatch.
- Blank Misalignment/Offset – Top/Bottom camera
- Weld concavity – Top/Bottom camera
- Excess weld Metal – Top camera
- Blanks Mismatch – Top/Bottom camera
- Lack of penetration – Bottom camera
- Excessive root penetration – Bottom camera
- Sensor: 3.3” (84.45 mm) wide x 90.7” (230.4 mm) long x 6” (152.3 mm) high. Weight less than 4 lbs (1.5 kg)
Watch our OPTEMATE video here.