Signal Conditioning electronics provide RF coil and cable impedance matching, T/R switching and a first stage of amplification. Some boxes contain slots for separate Tuning Modules to match the RF Coil at a specific frequency as well as multiplexing capabilities. The external Signal Conditioning Box can be located up to 200cm from the sensors/RF Coils and 100m from the instrument. For the temate® PowerBox H the signal conditioning box attaches directly to the top of the instrument.
External Signal Conditioning & Multiplexers
- Single channel without tuning module low and high frequency. Normally used for normal beam applications.
- Dual channel with separate slots for tuning modules with pulse/echo and pitch/catch capabilities.
- Single channel with slot for tuning module with pulse/echo and pitch/catch capabilities plus 1:8 multiplexer.
- Eight channel for phased array pitch-catch (SH sensor).
- Eight channel for phased array pulse-echo (SV sensor).
temate PowerBox H Signal Conditioning & Multiplexer (attached to instrument)
- Single channel with separate slot for tuning module. Provides pulse/echo and pitch/catch capabilities.
- 1:8 multiplexer with slot for tuning module.