Industry Standards and Quality Codes
As an ultrasonic technique EMAT can be used to meet ISO, AWS, API, MIL-STD and other international standards. Innerspec Technologies has already deployed systems designed to meet the following:
- API 5CT (ISO11960) and API 5L8 for tube and casing (OCTG).
- EN10160 for plate.
- MIL-STD 2154 for ultrasonic inspection of wrought metals.
- CGA C-20 for high-pressure cylinder.
EMAT is also specifically referenced in the following ASTM guides:
- ASTM E1774-96 Standard Guide for Electromagnetic Acoustic Transducers (EMATs).
- ASTM E1816-96 Standard Practice for Ultrasonic Examinations Using
- Electromagnetic Acoustic Transducer (EMAT) Technology.
- ASTM E1962-98 Standard Test Methods for Ultrasonic Surface Examinations Using Electromagnetic Acoustic Transducer (EMAT) Technology.