Non-Destructive testing (NDT) is a wide group of analysis techniques used in science and industry to evaluate the properties of amaterial, component or system without causing damage.
Traditional NDT techniques include Visual Testing (VT), Penetrant Testing (PT) Magnetic Particle Testing (MT), Ultrasonic Testing(UT), Eddy Current Testing (ET), Radiographic Testing (RT) and Acoustic Emission Testing (AE). Newer techniques include Infrared/ Thermal Testing (IRT) and Remote Field Testing (RFT).
Innerspec specializes UT techniques that require high-power instrumentation such as:
To address these challenges,Innerspec has developed a suit of proprietary tools and equipment, including:
- Non-contact UT (Electro-Magnetic Acoustic Transducers, air coupled)
- Dry-coupled UT
- High-performance coupled UT
- Ultrasonic instrumentation capable of delivering multi-cycle tone butsts with up to 20kw of power per channel at great speeds
- Beam profile simulation for EMAT sensors, Guided Wave Analysis Tools(GWAT), Finite Element Models(FEM) for ultrasonic waves(bulk and guided waves),thermal analysis and magnetic fields
- Bulk wave and guided wave EMAT, and specialty sensors